Wednesday, March 07, 2007

An Anniversary of Sorts

A ten year anniversary - since I got my first adult passport and started traveling on my own! Dingbat me, I just realized yesterday that my passport expired last month, a day after I bought my trip tickets for April. Thank goodness they can expedite those suckers in 2 weeks, though for double the price.

Ten years ago, I saw Paris for the first time with my best friend. Ten years later, I'll be going again alone, after I hit South Africa with my new friend, Clancy, one of my more inspirational friends who motivated me to run the half marathon. I can't wait. Maybe I'll even climb the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe again just for old times sake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. How long will you be gone for?

me said...

i'm so happy for you! i know you needed a break & lovely place like paris will bring you the visual stimulation you need for your weary soul. mangez-vous beaucoup de glace pour moi, s'il vous plait! (is that right?)

Whatchamacalit said...

3 whopping weeks! Whoo hoo!

And yes, I will eat tons of ice cream for you, my dear. :)