Sunday, October 28, 2007

More! Concerts!

Work hard, play hard. Going out every night has been taking its toll but I sure am enjoying life! Last Saturday, I attended the Silversun Pickups concert at the Wiltern (which is becoming a second home - 3 concerts there in 2 weeks). I haven't grown sick of their hit single but the whole album is pretty good.



The lead singer was a bit screechy at times, but hey, any man who sings at such a high voice is bound to have a tough time occasionally. One friend refused to go to the concert because this whole time, he thought the lead singer was a woman and now his illusion is shattered.

On Wednesday, I went to my other second home, the Troubadour, to see Earlimart with Sly. We got there early enough to see both opening bands, The Pulsars and The Office. I didn't know a single song, but the night was enjoyable just the same. The Office had a pretty catchy song titled "Oh My". If you click on launch office music player on their site, the song is there. They also seem to have an extra band member who really doesn't do much except hit a few keys on the keyboard, shake the tambourine, and look pretty. This gives me something to aspire to.

The next day, we had a work screening of our company's projects and a dinner. I went to the screening but ditched the dinner for the Blonde Redhead concert back at the Wiltern. I hear I missed quite a number of speeches and drunkenness. The concert however, had two encores. This almost sounds comically fake, but the band consists of a Japanese expat chick and a pair of Italian twin brothers. And she's married to one of them. Not sure if it's the drummer or the guitarist. She usually sings the songs in her crazy warbly hi pitched singing voice, but I actually like these two songs. One where the guitarist (who may or may not be her husband) sings and another one where she sings in a slighter lower pitch.





By the time Friday rolled around, I was relieved to sit at home and have my brother bring over take out and veg with me. Sitting around, reading magazines and playing video games together never seemed more fun.

No comments: