Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On Hate and Other Horrid Things

I have seven projects to manage at work. Seven different clients, seven different schedules, seven different production trackers, and seven different deliveries.

I am angry. And I have told my tool of a boss just how angry I am at him and at the situation he's put me in. He apologized repeatedly and threw in a couple of "I understands" and some "I'm so swamped too." Which does nothing for me because it's not a solution.

What pisses me off even more is that it's the work of two people and my head is barely above water. He did this to me last year, I pulled it off, asked for a big raise, and they shafted me.

So I'm bellyaching to anyone who will listen to me until I get more help and the work load is more balanced. Supervisors, owners of the company, other artists... no one can dare complain to me if I fall behind. Or occasionally growl at people.

As a cherry on top, some of the clients on my biggest project, the one dealing with the yellow-colored cartoon family, are just A**HOLES. No way to mince words. One in particular, who I shall heretofore call the DICK is so abrasive, so aggressively rude, so much a waste of oxygen, that my blood boils after every interaction with him.

It's been a while since I've hated anyone so much, thought such horrible things during meetings (stabbing him repeatedly, baseball bat to the nuts...) cried at home partly from work dealings. Luckily, everyone else hates him too AND I have wonderful people around me who listen to my rants everyday. Until then, I'm counting down the days till this particular project ends, till every single one of these projects end and I can dream of my next vacation.

2 comments:

Ms. FlipFlops said...

i hear you girl, vent away. i am only a phone call away....

me said...

oh, i hate that guy!

i'm glad you are complaining to everyone. let them know or else, they'll give you stupid excuses like, "well, you should have asked for help!" i hate work & i hate people. let's go live in a cave.