Sunday, April 06, 2008

Crybaby

God damn hormones.

I was watching the movie The Last of the Mohicans this afternoon, a movie I've watched many times back in the previous decade because the music alone hooks me in. And oh my god, the chemistry between Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe is phenomenal - I was once read a review that said the passion between their eyeballs alone could carry the scene where they just stare at each other before running into each other's arms. But now I digress.

Anyway, it's a movie I've seen many times before without shedding a single tear. Because hey, it's a happy ending right? The two main characters end up with each other and all is good in the world of love. But today, as with everything I watch these days except maybe horror films, I was bawling. Why did that guy have to die for someone who didn't love him back? Why did the other guy have to die so foolishly without waiting for his backup? And jeez, why did that girl throw herself off the cliff after this guy she barely knew? Everything was just so unfair and sad!

I can't quite pinpoint what's wrong, but it's a good week when I can go the whole week without shedding tears. Often, the quivery feeling lasts for days, when anything can set off the deluge. I feel slightly mental.

Work and the bf take turns making me cry and that is not good. I either need to toughen up or take some drugs.

No comments: