Monday, May 29, 2006

The Gift That Says It All, The Gift That Never Was

Attempting to buy a thoughtful gift:

Scene: Circuit City Cell phone department

Me: I'd like to buy a cell phone charger for a Motorola phone.
Salesguy: Do you know what kind of phone it is?
Me: Yes, it's a flip phone.
Salesguy: Uh, do you know what kind it is?
Me: Uh I dunno.
Salesguy: OK, do you know the carrier?
Me: Uh, I dunno.
Salesguy: Well, do you know how it looks like?
Me: Yes, it's one of those flip phones with the little window on it. It's not a Razr.
Salesguy: That doesn't really narrow it down. Do you know if it's a two prong or single prong charger?
Me: Uh, I dunno. It's not for me. It's a gift.
Salesguy: Well miss, I don't really want to sell you a product that you don't have the specs for.

The perfect symbolic end to describe the last dating debacle. Good intentions, hapless execution.

No comments: