Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Room with a view

When I was sick for weeks earlier this year, I spent A LOT of time at home. And watched ALL of the Winter Olympics. Anyway, I decided my apartment was a hole and took it upon myself to redecorate. I bought new furniture and figured curtains would change the whole feel of the apt. After months of choosing the right curtains, getting them hemmed and finally charming friends to help me install them with power tools (which I should never be allowed to use unsupervised), here they are.













The one on the left is more sheer to let in light into the living room. The one on the right is linen to soften the light coming into the bedroom. I was ecstatic to have curtains like a grownup and be able to open the blinds without strangers peeking into the windows. Until last night and this morning. I looked out my windows and this is what I saw.
















Last I checked, the damn moving truck was still there, taking up precious parking spaces and blocking my view. Yes, my apt is so small that one moving truck blocks both windows. And yes, my view entails a busy major street and my neighbor's triplex across the street. But dammit, it's still my view.

No comments: