Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Change of Plans... For The Better

On Thursday night, I had planned to leave work early enough to watch the movie Children of Men with friends and also to avoid boy with foreign girlfriend so that I wouldn't have to decline drinks. Of course, I ended up working late, missing the movie, and bumping into him. Drink invitations were extended, but not having eaten any dinner yet made it much easier to decline drinks on an empty stomach.

Instead, I went over to SLY's where she heated up a homecooked meal for me and we decided to go watch The Painted Veil. It was a beautiful movie in every way - the 1920's period clothes, the settings in London and China, and most importantly, Edward Norton and Naomi Watt's acting which blew me away. Definitely a better alternative than getting drinks.

No comments: