Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How To Ruin A Hard Rocking Song

I've come to really like Nine Inch Nails since their last album, With Teeth, but unlike many of the artists I work with, I'm definitely not one of those hard core fans who live and breathe their music.



Me: Is this Nine Inch Nails' latest single? Is he saying "I push the button?"
Coworker friend: Yeah, I think so.
Me: You know what that reminds me of? Plucky Duck from Tiny Toons! When he's the baby version in the elevator and going "I want to push da buttons!"
Coworker friend: Haha, I don't think that was the effect he was going for. Oh god! Now I can't ever take this song seriously!

(It's actually a very political song that's likely a commentary on our president.)



Only a tiny glimpse into what goes on in that silly childish brain of mine...

No comments: