Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Oi To The World

Somehow, I've made it to Christmas day without pulling out all my hair. Cards were sent out, gifts wrapped, gifts opened, parties attended, friends visited, and time spent with boy.

AHHHHHHHHH. That's me breathing a nice sigh of relief as I enjoy a window of time to myself now that food is baking in the oven and before the relatives start pouring in, in the next two hours.

It's nice to be home and sleeping for more than eight hours at a time. It was nice to sit down and have dinner with just my family on Christmas eve - the four of us - which hasn't happened in years because of sharing my brother's time with his ex. It made me downright giddily happy to stay at home with all of them watching a bad movie (Rush Hour 3 - boooooo) and being nerds by whipping out our telescope and trying to track down Mars in the backyard.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Vegas until Saturday to see my friends and meet their new baby and my brother's off to NY on Thursday until the New Year to visit his girflfriend. Family time was brief but well-cherished. Enough to get me to 2008.

No comments: