Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things To Do Until October, When the Fall Season Starts On TV

1) Read. I just finished another book. Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep which is so well-written and captures the mind of a high school girl so eerily, I physically cringed at certain angst filled parts. Not always likable, the protagonist Lee Fiora is the perfect stew of insecurity, confusion, extreme self-awareness, and hopeful yearning to be discovered and loved teenage girl. I don't like the super long chapter format but maybe that's what makes it a page turner. No good places to take a break!

2) Internet stalking. Silly coworkers. They all have personal websites, mainly to advertise their artwork and skills for potential jobs. And they all link their sites to each other. Some even put their blogs and myspaces pages on there. Can't. Stop. Reading. Too fun to snoop....

3) Become a gym rat. Never in a million years did I think that would happen. I've started embracing my trainer's mandate to go in at least four times a week. I think last week, I exercised like six times a week. If I'm not having dinner with friends or have other plans to run at the track or play tennis, I'm at the gym. I don't seem to get home before 9 anymore. Yikes. Sadly, I've lost nary a pound. Nor have clothes magically loosened on me this past month.

4) Sketch my cat. Darn thing never sits still unless I sneakily draw her from behind.























No comments: