Thursday, September 20, 2007

Suck It Up

Recently, the company decided to recycle all those giant computer monitors and replace them with the swanky new (and less space consuming) LCD monitors. Everyone was also encouraged to bring in their old unused monitors for recycling or donation. As we (ok not me, I just directed the boys to move them in the right place and carry my old one from the car) piled them all in a row out back, the blank screens stared back at us forlornly, some still attached with stickers, personal post-it notes, and other vestiges of former ownership.

One of them had a simple note that caught my eye. "Take the hit and keep moving forward." I had no idea who it belonged to but I wondered about the type of person who lived by this motto. A soldier? A person who pents everything up inside until he implodes one day? And how long do you keep taking the hits before you hit back or sit down and refuse to budge until they apologize? Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but obviously this monitor belonged to a boy.

No comments: