Monday, November 20, 2006

A Cocktail and Some Emo Rock

It's Monday night and I've already hit a bar and had my drink for the week. At the Temple Bar, the Ken Oak band had their belated CD release party and sang most of the songs from their latest album. Clancy, Me@Co, and a couple others came out with me, adding to what seemed like Asian night at the Temple Bar.

These boys were cute and pretty talented. Seems that all the girl groupies in the crowd thought so too, especially one particular loudmouthed, not quite drunk girl who kept bellowing rude and annoying comments. I first saw them over a year ago performing at 3rd Street Promenade for free and have seen them several times since when I happen to go shopping around there. How far those little emo rockers have come.

I also had some delicious champagne/juice concoction at the bar. I haven't craved a drink in over a year, after getting miserably sick and hungover last August. All of a sudden, I wanted a glass of Riesling Friday night and some fruity cocktail tonight. Odd indeed. We'll see how I hold up when the holiday parties come rolling around...

No comments: