Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Fourth Long Run

Today, I didn't hate running. It was brutal to get up so early on a holiday weekend to run, but I didn't hate the running itself. AND we ran the same 12 mile course as last week in 2 hours and 33 minutes.

I'm so impressed and proud of our group. I'm really loving the people in this running group and think we may even keep it up for shorter runs after the race. I finally feel like we're going to be OK next week. Amazing what a 20 degree drop in the temperature will do to make everyone hustle along. 20 degrees colder = 20 minutes faster. If the weather is like this next Sunday, we'll be flying along to the finish line in no time!

P.S. Everything still aches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it would come to this. You should be impressed with yourself, too.

Mom and Pop Art said...

we've been training well but dang, cool weather makes SUCH a difference! we're thinking about getting a phat hurrah brunch within walking distance of the finish line if you are game.

Whatchamacalit said...

You know I'll be there! :)