Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey Day Traditions



My brother, his girlfriend, and my cousin put up our new Christmas tree already. It's the first new one we've bought in 2 decades. We've never had a real tree. Apparently, my parents paid a buck to chop down a tree in Phoenix when I was a little kid of 3 or 4, and I sneezed and complained about the smell in the house. To which, my brother says "Thanks a lot, dork."

Can't wait to fill up the bottom with gifts!

Turkey day also consisted of the usual copious amounts of food and desserts, a rousing game of speed Uno, video games, and extreme ping pong with the cousins, and laughing till our sides hurt. Some traditions I hope, never change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your turkey day! I'm debating whether I want to get myself a tree this year. Real trees are nice, though. I usually toss them over the backyard fence after the season ends.