Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bad dream

Last night, I revelled in the thought of getting a good 8 hours sleep but instead had a fretful night. I dreamt that Mr. DD was in a relationship with one of my childhood friends. And they had a baby. And my friend was telling me that they'd probably get married sooner or later. As soon as I cleared him for some vacation time.

He never had the decency to tell me about any of it. (Which I guess would be characteristic of him.) He just shrugged and mumbled at me. I wasn't mad at my friend and she wasn't sorry or insincere. She was just being herself. And I was happy for her as much as I could be though it hurt so much.

I woke up with a start in the middle of the night, awoken by the gigantic ache in my chest. Heartache I think it was. Though I don't know why. I don't know what strange subconscious thought conjured up that dream. I don't know why I would ever ache for this person. And frankly, I'm a little pissed that the bad dream destroyed the possibility of good sleep.

No more cuppa tea for me after dinner. Or maybe I should take up watching horror films so that I can have a proper nightmare instead of an emotional one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your dreams always so realistic? I mean, so much like the real world?

I'll take a stab at the meaning of this. Your subconscious mind is making it easier for you to see that things are over, and that you should move on, by showing DD with someone else. Why? Maybe you long for a final, clear-cut end to it.

me said...

boys suck! they ruin everything. ugh! i hope you are doing well. sorry i've been a delinquent friend. i've been part of the walking dead lately.