Monday, October 23, 2006

The Beauty of Song

Ooh, I learned a new trick. Instead of posting a link to the band or song I like, I can post the song itself now.

The Killers - When We Were Young



I've currently been obsessed with this song. It's upbeat yet wistful. And it fits my mood. I feel like I should be upbeat because technically nothing's wrong. I have a full successful life with people who love me. Yet I'm wistful. I yearn for the days of being young and naively hopeful about life. I yearn for the fairy tale. I want to save and be saved. But as wistful as the song is, it also reminds me that I can't wait around, be saved, nor settle for something less than the real thing. Yup, all that, attributed to one song.

1 comment:

me said...

i know exactly how you feel. you feel like you should be happy, yet...you want more. you feel like there must be more to life. something that brings fulfillment, contentment & just plain glee.