Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daylight Savings

Just got back a while ago from a weekend in Phoenix, where for some reason, they don't celebrate daylight savings. Instead, while the rest of the world "falls back" an hour every October, Arizona simply switches from Pacific Standard time to Mountain Standard time.

Though it's one of the fastest growing cities, and far from the sleepy and culturally homogeneous town I spent my childhood in, there's still quite a bit of mid west in Phoenix.



Yes, that's a gun shop with a teddy bear and guns sign.

I missed out on my extra hour of sleep last night. I'm trying to trick myself into sleeping early tonight. Odd, I know but I will just putter about, reading, watching TV, writing until it seems too late to be awake. And I am exhausted from the fun weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DST is a good excuse to leave work early. Blame the clock not having been set back. Then maybe you can catch up on some rest.