Friday, June 08, 2007

Grass Greener, Etc, Etc... Redux

These rose-colored glasses, they're stuck on with crazy glue! There are days when I look at Mr. DD at work and I think "oh holy mother of God, what was I thinking?" And then there are those days when I get so angry at myself, so pissed at my stupid ole brain for still being the slightest bit attracted to him. The days when he speaks so patiently and intelligently to other newer artists, the way he hasn't changed his hair in months ever since I told him it looks good at that length, or when he smiles carefreely in some very rare occasions. I'm sure it all means nothing and rationally, I know it's just because I have no space from him.

Unfortunately for me, the space is about to get smaller. I have a huge project coming up in which I'll be working closely with Mr. DD from August till the end of the year. However, work has been slow and I know I've been coasting along pleasantly while my colleague is unfairly overwhelmed. Insert foot in mouth to boss and offer to help out. Voila. Beginning next week, I'll take over one of her projects in which I'll start working closely with Mr. DD next week, as soon as I come back from Chicago. Next week until the end of the year. Until 2008. It's going to be an interesting second half of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck trying to keep those feelings under wrap.