Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Grass Greener, Etc, Etc...

Since the painful days of high school, UBBF and I were firmly convinced that we were bestowed fairy godmothers with a warped sense of humor. It's hard to complain about because in a way, we're both pretty fortunate. We were good students, had caring parents, silly siblings and every necessity a girl should possess. And strangely enough, I always had decent luck. Most of the time, if I wished for something, I got it, though usually in a bizarre way.

UBBF suffered a similar fate. For example, there was the time when she wished for a sensitive guy. The deluge of uber sensitive, not too ashamed to cry, can't get enough of pouring out their souls type guys that came forth for the next year is only something we can laugh about years later.

Apparently, we're still plagued by those persistent and irritating godmothers. The Boy, whom in my mind, I had already said goodbye to, won't leave me alone. He IM's me at work and bugs me for lunch even though I've made myself invisible to him on IM. "Egad! How does he know?!" I keep thinking. I even had Wavy test out this invisibility thing. Immature, I know, but people, I'm trying to achieve some closure here. I would have longed for this kind of attention from this boy ages ago if only he wasn't engaged and didn't tell me he doesn't like me "in that way."

On the other hand, I could drop dead and Mr. DD wouldn't notice. However, we're persistently thrown together, on projects, on lunches together with coworkers, at parties with mutual friends. When we oh so briefly dated, he had no time because he was swamped with work. Now we seem to have all the time in the world together. Yay.

My married friends covet my single lifestyle (or at least that's what they tell me). I, of course, would like to stop searching, or at least stop going through the motions of it anyway. And yet we both know grass greener, etc, etc...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that would make a nice premise for a story.

me said...

yup yup!

Anonymous said...

Seems like we had similar thoughts that day.