Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another Scary Thing

I've acquired a new fear. It's always been there in the back of my mind. It's always made me squeamish. Unlike plants, the fear is much more justified though not in my face all the time.

Tentacles.

As in I don't eat calimari and soft shell crab tentacles, octopi and squid freak me out tentacles, and pretty much anything with more than two hands and two legs (or 4 paws) is strangely unnatural to me type tentacles. Things with that many limbs are just up to no good.

The uncomfortableness with such things became a full-fledged fear on Friday when I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I winced, curled up in a ball, and closed my eyes for a good quarter of the movie. Tentacles abound in full HD widescreen glory. They come in all sizes, they squirm and they flop, they strangle and destroy, and if it were Smell-o-vision, I bet the theater would reek too.

No comments: