Sunday, July 02, 2006

Arty Moody British Rockers



I felt a bit like a fraud, attending the Radiohead concert Thursday night. Tickets sold out in seconds and fans paid hundreds of dollars to ticket brokers and scalpers to see them. Though I wasn't a huge fan, I've heard countless stories of how amazing Radiohead shows are - life changing experience was a phrase my cousin used.

Of course, I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets the conventional way. I scored them through a friend of a friend with a connection to ticketmaster. And our seats (Nay, benches. The last 4 rows weren't worthy of actual seats, only rows of benches) were humbly in the second to the last row of the Greek theater.

I recognized all of one song. I was prepared for that. I knew Radiohead were such "ar-teests" that they often refused to play any of their popular hits. I did recognize that they were great performers and musicians. All in all, an enjoyable evening, though I hate to think I swiped a precious seat from a more deserving fan.

No comments: