Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dreaming of My Next Trip

I'm fantasizing about playing hooky tomorrow and sleeping in, figuring out those darn finances, and putting some kind of plan in motion. Whether it be a plan for leaving work, coping with work, creating my next trip, or just actively trying to be happier with my life. Unfortunately as it stands, I've only accrued three vacation days so far and only have one or two sick days left for the year. I've gotta hoard these things like gold if I'm ever going to have a break.

In the meantime, I'm going to list the places I want to go next and see if anyone wants to join me. Trekking through Scotland, Scandinavia and France alone last October was great and all, but I did get lonely at times. You have no one to turn to and share those unique experiences with at the time nor anyone to relive them with later on by reminiscing.

The goal before I die is to step foot on every continent, all 50 states, and visit at least 50 countries. I'm halfway there.

In no particular order:
1) South Africa - my friends there just wrote me asking when I'll ever go visit. I'm dying to go on a safari, touristy as it may sound
2) Australia and New Zealand
3) Spain and Portugal - It's the only part of Western Europe I haven't visited.
4) Croatia and Greece - my friend has an apartment there and goes every other year. Any place where there's free room and board, and a local guide who speaks the language rocks.
5) Brazil, Argentina, and Peru - those are the main countries I want to see in South America

Those are the top 5 though I think I'd only visit the first three by myself. Ooh, Iceland and Ireland too. After that, I'm game to revisit Italy, France, most of United Kingdom, and Japan. I'm intrigued to see Antarctica, China, Turkey, Galapagos Islands, Cuba, India, Russia, Alaska, and the deep South though not as urgently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is going to come out weird, but... good job using up your sick days (no sarcasm intended).

at the end of the year when they roll over my vacations days or when i leave companies, i always end up thinking, "damn, i wish i used up more sick days!"

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you didn't really mean "anyone", but some of those trips sound interesting to me.

Good luck with putting a plan in motion.