Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Simple Pleasures of Today

The satisfaction of feeling guilt-free the rest of the day after forcing myself to get up early again to go running.
Walking to the beach for lunch.
Feeling ok and even in my element amongst friends while Mr. Dating Debacle was present.
Leaving work at a decent time.
Meeting up with an old friend for dessert and coffee and catching up on our lives, knowing that we weren't alone in our aspirations to leave everything, ditch work, and move to Europe to do something silly like sell flowers.
Being able to walk across the street to my friend/neighbor's place to say hi and chat.
Having my cat as an armrest while I type.
Receiving a hand written letter in the mail from my dear friend, the Ultimate Beastie Boys Fan (UBBF)
Hearing about two shy friends who may slowly find their way toward romance with each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The simple pleasures are the best. It sounds like you had a very nice, relaxing day.

Maybe I should start out my days running instead of trying to do it after work.