Monday, July 16, 2007

Convertibles + bald men = Painful Sunburn

As I drove around town all weekend, I noticed that many middle aged men, especially the follicly-challenged ones, drive convertibles. I don't blame them for wanting to drive around sunny LA with the top down, cruising through the city. That's exactly what this city is for. And it's their middle-aged rights to do so, after slaving away for their hard-earned cash as youths. But I wonder if they remember to rub sunblock on the tops of their shiny heads.

Being Asian, I probably don't burn as easily as Caucasians do. And with sunblock, I'm good for hours. But even I burn if I'm out in the sun for 10-15 minutes without sunblock. Sunburns are never fun. That is precisely why I have a steady supply of aloe vera gel. I wonder if these guys have to run aloe vera on their shiny heads if they do burn. That probably wouldn't be very sexy either. They really should just wear hats. With chin straps so they don't fly off. I'm kinda feeling sorry for guys now.

No comments: