Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mind (and Appetite) of a Child

I have the appetite of an eight year old but stuck with the metabolism of a thirty-one year old. It's all pretty unfortunate. At our work, we have free catered lunches every other Friday and I remember suggesting a kid's themed lunch for one of the Fridays. You know, hot dogs, corn dogs, JELLO, chicken nuggets, fruit punch... that kinda stuff. The office manager looked at me as if I were criminally insane.

Like the gazillions of other kids and adults around the globe, I embarked on the ten hour marathon of reading the last Harry Potter book this past weekend. (LOVED IT!) Nutrition went out the window as I scrambled for whatever was in the fridge. Two hot dogs with buns equaled dinner. Dryer's Dibs equaled dessert. Oops dropped one on the floor. Three second rule, picked it back up, we're good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, no spoilers!