Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oh Brother, Part 4

Because he left for Asia for 3 weeks, straight from his friend's wedding, I didn't get to hear what went down until this past week. Apparently, not much.

"Did she go to the wedding?"

"Yeah."

"Did you talk to her?"

"No."

"Did her friends talk to you?"

"Heh. No. I guess it's too soon."

So, no he hasn't told her. Or his LA friends. In fact, he didn't tell our parents either. Until this week. And only because he had to.

"Did you tell Mom and Dad yet?

"No."

"When are you going to tell them?"

"Wednesday."

"Oh. Why Wednesday?"

"Because I'm going to Chicago for the weekend on Thursday. By the way, can I stay over at your place Wednesday night and can you take me to the airport Thursday morning and maybe pick me up Monday morning?"

When I related this whole story to my Ballet Dancer friend, she scrunched up her nose at me.

"He sounds like the guys you've dated."

Huh. Well, I guess I have no rebuttal to that. Must be some kind of cosmic balance. And I seem to have the short end of the stick.

No comments: