Friday, July 27, 2007

The Sacrifices of A Girl

At lunch the other day, I mentioned the great sacrifice of 2007. Cutting off cable TV. All the guys at the table didn't understand why.

"It was too expensive," I told them. "I'm only paying forty-four dollars a month for my thirteen channels and cable modem connection now."

"No HD?" one asked.

"No shark week on discovery channel?" another pondered.

"It's only a hundred and ten dollars a month, including internet, " the third one said.

"Listen, I gotta buy shoes, people," I explained.

"I only buy a pair of new shoes once a year," one confessed.

"I'm a girl," I reminded them. "I love shoes."

"Oh right. Well, you do always have the nicest shoes," the other admitted.

"Then it's all worth," I silently smiled to myself.

1 comment:

me said...

shoes are always worth it, man! why do you think i've agreed to no television myself? no "big love". no "my super sweet 16". but i got me the shoes!!! it's all worth it.