Sunday, June 25, 2006

Movies with Nothing in Common

While taking breaks in between cleaning, I managed to squeeze in two more movies tonight, although in an exhausted stupor.

The first one, A Good Woman, was based on an Oscar Wilde play and filled with interesting twists and turns. It was intriguing to see Helen Hunt play the femme fatale while Scarlett Johansson is the sweet innocent one. The best line in the movie is when Helen Hunt's character, Mrs. Erlynne, says to one of her suitors "Usually when somebody says something was an 'experience' it means something was a mistake." It spins my head a little since I've been telling myself that everything, especially the things that have caused me grief is just another "life experience."

All I can say about the second movie Havoc is bored rich kids are preeeeeetty stupid. I actually liked this movie more than I thought I would, especially the ending. Why it's good - beautiful Anne Hathaway from Princess Diaries plays something different from sweet little girl and it's written by the same guy who wrote Traffic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm dying to see "a good woman." you are like my movie guru right now. my counterpart is confused by my new knowledge of horror flicks!