Sunday, June 11, 2006

Random Contradictions




See these roses? They're beautiful and they're right outside my front door. Obviously, I don't take care of them or duh, they'd be dead since I don't like to go near plant life. A couple of weeks ago I'd walk up and down my doorstep to rose petals strewn every which way - nature's way of making me smile everyday as the roses bloomed and then shed its petals everywhere. I don't like most plants (it's gonna take a special guy to figure out which nonscary flowers to get me one day...) but I appreciate these roses.
This afternoon I also rewatched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith on cable. I don't care what anyone says. It may not be the best movie ever, but I STILL LIKE IT. I still get sad at the whole Padme/Anakin storyline (he turned evil trying to save her!!! He had good intentions...) and I like how everything kinda ties together. It's so bleak but it gets the job done amidst some pretty special FX eye candy. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic and a big geek. If it has some kind of love story in it, I'm hooked.
To cap off the afternoon of cable movie watching, I had pizza and ice cream for dinner with the parents. Yeah, they rock. My mom made sure to pack some good homecooked meals for me, but then she was all over the ordering of pizza and picking up a half gallon of Baskin Robbins icecream. This is where I get my eating habits from... And this is why even though I hate running and I hate mornings, I have to get up at 7 to run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that movie was alright, but i still think lucas has gone senile. you're inspiring me to go running again and smell the roses!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so cool. =) I'll always be indebted to her for introducing my mom to "Shake 'n Bake" =D Now if only she had convinced my mom on the ice cream as well!!

Patty